Engineer Turned Doctor





Alhamdulillah. Praise be to Allah. Finally, I managed to finish my 1st year in University Al-Azhar. The last paper for this year’s final exam was Biochemistry. Though it was quite tough, I hope all my efforts will be enough for me to get mumtaz, or at least maqbul so that I can pursue my studies for the 2nd year at this university. Its holiday now but I didn’t know what to do. So, I decided to write this post.


Actually, becoming a doctor was no longer my ambition since I was in form 1. So, medical course wasn’t really what I had in mind whatsoever going to Egypt. When I was in form 5, I decided to become a chemical engineer and to pursue my studies in England. Unfortunately, I didn’t get the opportunity to do so. Instead, I went to UiTM Shah Alam and took Asasi Kejuruteraan. Even till the final few weeks before the Mid Sem Exam I still haven’t made up my mind yet. Egypt and England are two different countries but the difference between engineering and medicine are even more significant. My father did told me that if His willing, he wanted one of his sons/daughters to be a doctor but I know that if I did it because of him instead of my own will, I might flop and things could get worse. So, I thought about it for quite a long while. I can say it was a hard decision but I decided to go to Egypt and that was only after Eidul Fitri which was like a month before I was due to depart. So to Egypt I went. P/S: Considering that it was University Al-Azhar, made things slightly easier for me to decide.


So, here I am now waiting for the Final Result. Hopefully I’ll succeed. It wasn’t so bad though. Besides learning everything about human bodies, we could appreciate the Greatness of Allah. How perfectly did he create us as he said in The Book. Sometimes it also makes me think how ungrateful we are. He created us, gave us an earth to live on, plants and animals to eat, yet, instead of saying a simple Alhamdulillah, we keep on complaining. May Allah forgive us all for our weaknesses, ameen.


At first, it was kinda hard to understand my professors’ English, but then I manage to cope with it. Studying medicine isn’t really hard. We just need to have the eagerness to know more about human body and of course we need to study well. Undeniably, the pressure of studying overseas is difficult but not impossible to overcome. We must not let ourselves to give up. It is important that we choose the right friends as our family are not there with us. So, friends are the one we rely on but don’t let them put bad influence on us. Plus, we must have a specific time for us to study. Don’t put too much pressure on ourselves yet don’t ‘relax’ too much. It’s best that we read the topics to be discussed in lecture before we enter the lecture or at least read t again after the lecture on the same day. This might help us to understand better and so that we won’t forget it easily. Studying in group is also a good habit as studying alone might make us sleepy (based on personal experience). Not missing lectures is also an important thing because some points discussed in the lectures are not present in the book or some wrong points in the book may be corrected during lectures. Besides, sometimes the professors will stress out which points are important. As for motivation, always remember our family especially mom and dad. It’ll help us significantly trust me. Most importantly, don’t forget The One who created us, who made it possible for us to have this opportunity, who, in the end, decides either we succeed or we fail. At least we should perform his obligations five times a day ON TIME. Read Yassin after Fajr prayer, perform tahajjud if possible, read the Quran, help others in their studies, remind others of what to do and what not to do with no other intention than to please Him and without forgetting to remind ourselves.


My 1st year wasn’t as how I wrote above. That was just some experience I learned and want to share with those who are reading this. InsyaAllah, I will practice what I wrote in the 2nd year. I’ll put more effort and try harder.


                                                ~Ya Allah, mumtaz untuk Muaz. Ameen~

4 echoes:

u are SO COOL muaz !
urghh.. jelez2~

 

bro...jgn risau broo....mumtaz kamoooooo....

 

muaz
tetiba aku bangga dengan kau.
walaupon nama blog kau mcam mengundang sikit kan
;)))

 

eh super nice, do write more!